Japan Gov’t/World Bank
Deadline: 23 Feb 2017 (annual)
Study in: selected Countries
Course starts AY 2017-2018
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
Host Institutions/Programs of study:
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for over 200 Preferred Programs (.xlsx 49 KB) spanning a wide array of development topics and for 14 Partner Programs (.xlsx 15 KB) at universities in U.S., Africa and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
A JJWBGSP scholarship provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
Please note all JJ/WBGSP partner and preferred masters programs are 2 years or less and the scholarship covers the duration of the program.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
• Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
• Be in good health;
• Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
• Have 3 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
• Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JJWBGSP Preferred or Partner masters degree Programs;
• Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew;
Applications are currently closed.
For scholarships to one of the preferred master’s programs, you must, in parallel, apply for admissions to one or more of the Preferred Program(s) and apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship. The call for applications is open from 25 January to 23 February 2017.
For scholarships to one of the partner master’s programs, you must apply for admission to one or more of the Partner Masters Degree Program(s). After reviewing submitted applications, each Partner Master Degree Program will identify a short list of eligible candidates who will then be invited by the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat to apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship.
It is important to read the 2017 JJ/WBGSP Application Guidelines and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/scholarships