Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust
Deadline: 22 Feb 2017
Study in: London, UK
Course starts September 2017
The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust offers scholarships to African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS.
SOAS University of London
Level/Field(s) of study:
• Full-time MA African Studies
• Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
• Full-time MA Social Anthropology of Development
Number of Scholarships:
Nationals of and residents in an African country.
Each Ferguson Scholarship is valued at £25,000 in total and lasts for one year. The scholarships can be used for fees and the remainder towards maintenance.
• Be nationals of and resident in an African country
• Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
• Hold an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes by the scholarship deadline. Priority may be given to applicants with unconditional offers. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
• Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
You must submit a complete online application to your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance, six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 11 January 2017). Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 22 February 2017.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.soas.ac.uk/registry/scholarships/ferguson-scholarships.html