Deadline: 29 March 2017 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sep/Oct 2017
Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s study in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), jointly supported by UK universities.
Participating UK Universities
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Eligible Master’s courses offered at participating UK universities listed at this link.
The scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching.
Number of Scholarships:
Around 200+ scholarships.
Nationals of Commonwealth Developing Countries
Each Scholarship provides approved tuition and examination fees, approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award, stipend, warm clothing allowance, study travel grant, and excess baggage allowance.
The scholarships are usually tenable for one year only.
To apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, candidates must:
• Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
• Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country (listed in the terms and conditions)
• Be available to commence their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2017
• By August 2017, hold a first degree of either first or upper second class (2:1) classification, or lower second class (2:2) classification plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
• Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
• Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK
Applications are currently closed.
You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Shared Scholarship scheme. You must check with your UK university for their specific advice, admission requirements, and rules for applying.
You must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS). All applications must be submitted by 23.59 (BST) on 29 March 2017 at the latest. Each university has its own closing date for applications, and most are before 29 March 2017.
It is important to read the 2017 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Terms and Conditions and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/shared-scholarships/info-candidates/